Ask Me Anything on Indeni 6.0

On the alerts page, the "Reset Filter" item in the list seems to be just another item, which means that it disappears if I filter using a string that does not match "Reset Filter". Making the item permanent would enable the user to reset the search without having to erase the current filter string first.

Adding a "global" reset filters button on the alerts page would be convenient too so users does not have to reset each one manually. :)

Often a user would want to send a screenshot of the alert details for a device.

He would then click on the alert to get the detailed information on the right hand side.

However this does not contain the hostname of the device. Can it be added?

Image title

I'd like to see a possibility to filter by vendor in the alerts section.

Searching capabilities would make life easier for sure. Specially in the alert section or in the device lis section.

This is nitty gritty (shall we suggest these things too?). It'd be great if a new device line was added automatically if I press tab when at the IP column on the last row. :)

Screen shot for illustration:Image title

Shoudn't it be possible to clear SSH fingerprint, or change IP address or name of a device? I cannot find this in 6.0.
Changing name or IP was not possible in 5.5 either, but would be nice so that you don't have to delete and re-add device if it changes IP. Clearing SSH fingerprint however was possible in 5.5

I had changed IPs on a few gateways, so I deleted them and re-added them. I got this error:
Image title

I checked and the indeni server can SSH to the IP addresses.

This is on server 192.168.197.14

In 5.5 the version was visible in the lower right hand corner. This made it easy to include that when reporting an issue. I cannot easily see the version running in 6.0 new webUI. Where can it be found? And can it be moved to be always visible?

Why so much whitespace on the "TOP 10 ALERTS"?
Image title

When I login to 6.0 I get a bit disoriented by the startup screen. I think I would like the list of devices on the left hand side like in 5.5, to give more structure to it. I also miss to be able to see what severity of alerts are for each device, as now I only see how many.
I would also like to have the list of devices visible even when navigating into a specific device (like in 5.5)

And lastly (maybe have mentioned this before), when viewing an alert I would like it to show the hostname as well, to make screenshoting easier.
Image title

When using "imanage" and option 2 to upgrade indeni software, the process percentage when downloading packages always stay at 0%

Image title

This even though it is actually downloading.

After a while this is displayed

Image title

This makes the user think that the download is stalled, when its only slow to download.

Is Cisco ASA native supported?

When will backups (show configuration) for Check Point be re-introduced into the product. It is currently holding me up from using 6.0 for our production environment

Image title

I'll just leave this here...

take sneak peek of our almost finished dashboard

When one is on the "Current" alerts screen. Is the list updated continuously? I found that I had to refresh it by clicking on another tab, and then navigating back.

Ajax updates would be nice. And also a refresh button for impatient users?

Can we fix the case on the vendor name? Possibly add a "GUI name" which has correct case? Example, it says "fortinet", would be better if it were "Fortinet". Won't always just be a first letter being capatilized, example, "sonicwall" (which we don't and probably wouldn't ever support) would need to be "SonicWALL". Image title

Feature request: Ability to create maintenance windows and apply them to multiple devices. I know we can "suspend" and "resume" but this would be for one-time or even reoccuring windows.

When viewing an IP address, it should be possible to highlight it, in order to copy the text.

Image title

I have several bugreports and feature suggestions, please advise the best way to share them.