Review your PANW Experience

The application design and easy of use fits 2018 threats much better than a L4 firewall. It also works better than competitors products.

1 Like

Awesome!! GUI Interface and it's very user friendly.
In GUI interface, there are so many tabs which helps to clear what type of certificate or profile required.

So it helps to clear all networking path for any configuration.

Thank you

1 Like

Gotta be the awesome admins, right and ?

1 Like

Got to be their deep packet inspection engine for application recognition. They do a great job recongizing traffic that is encrypted. Right ?

1 Like

Threat Prevention, its great to have every single signature working 100% of the time and not be too worried about performance.

1 Like

My favorite feature is the test command functionality. Security policies and routing can be tested and the behavior can be verified before and during production operations. This makes troubleshooting and planning much easier.

2 Likes

Also, it’s very stable and the GUI is exceptional. It’s easy to use and is powerful. The CLI is also very effective if the administrator is not used to the GUI.

2 Likes

What do you like about PANW devices?
They are very reliable and have a great ecosystem.
What do you dislike?
The nuances of configuration management with multiple devices with one central devices. Might have to limit what configurations are shared amongst the group of multiple devices.
What recommendations would you give others considering the product? Attend one of the Ultimate Test Drives to get a feel for the administration. It could be a small learning curve by transitioning to management via GUI.
What business problems are you solving with the product? Weakness in the IT infrastructure’s security posture and limiting the number devices within the instructure
What benefits have you realized?
Great security posture and easier administration

2 Likes

GUI interface is userf friendly.

I like their advanced firewalls and the cloud based logging services

Awesome!!! GUI Interface .

Very good GUI, the CLI can be used. They can recognize the application on encrypted communication.

What do you like about PANW devices?
The really clean and easy to use web interface.
What do you dislike?
The XML api should allow more flexibility related to manage configs from automated scripts. By now the reporting api works really well.
What recommendations would you give others considering the product?
Explore the Threat prevention, application and url filtering capabilities. Those are the strong points of this next gen FW.
What business problems are you solving with the product?
In many cases as IPS its suited for the job. The up to date malware database brings trust to customers

2 Likes

I like is GUI interface, separate from hw use of monitoring, app Id.
dislike its commit time.

I like is GUI interface, separate from hw use of monitoring, app Id. dislike its commit time.

PANW devices have reporting feature, audit feature, but on other hand its take time on implementing rules.

Benfits can be count as PANW can block whatever i want link a chat box on a web page.

I like PANW devices because of its having best APP ID database, threat prevention , advanced level of monitoring and much more.
dislike its booting time.
Can consider for manage at advanced level.

I like PANW devices because of its having best APP ID database, threat prevention , advanced level of monitoring and much more. dislike its booting time. Can consider for manage at advanced level

Palo alto firewalls i like because of easy GUI management and its have good database of ids, threat prevention, depth monitoring.

can be consider for high end monuments and management and monitor at depth level.

I dislike one thing in this which is update timers.

Palo alto firewalls i like because of easy GUI management and its have good database of ids, threat prevention, depth monitoring. can be consider for high end monuments and management and monitor at depth level. I dislike one thing in this which is update timers.