IT Security Certifications

I found this image below listing out the majority of big IT Security certifications that are in demand right now. I think this is helpful for people to use to help distinguish themselves in the cyber security industry.

2 notable ones that are missing from the list are the OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional) and the CCSK (Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge).

The OSCP is the gold standard certification for those who want to become a penetration tester (aka an “ethical hacker”). The CCSK has overlapping knowledge with the CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional), but in my opinion, the CCSK contains more practical cloud security information. The OSCP and the CCSK certifications have no experience requirement - so if you pass their examinations, you obtain the certs.

Still, the gold standard “general” cyber security certification that exists on the market is the CISSP - which I encourage everyone to obtain if they are interested in the field of cyber security. The CISSP carries an experience requirement, but you can obtain a designation of “Associate of (ISC)2 working towards CISSP” if you pass the certification before you rack up the years of experience.