I've got a case where I'm writing a script for Bluecoat that checks the DNS server states and response times was wondering what you guys think about disabled DNS servers.
Let's say we have three servers configured:
- 18.104.22.168 - State = UP, Average response-time = 15 ms
- 22.214.171.124 - State = DOWN, Average response-time = 15 ms, Latest response-time: 8ms
- 126.96.36.199 - State = DISABLED, Average response-time = 15 ms, Latest response-time: 8ms
- Should I include the disabled DNS servers, and if so, should I mark them as up or down?
- Should I use the average response-time or the latest response-time? I'm leaning towards latest.