Handling CLINFR errors from clish commands

One of our customers reported stability issues with alerts based on clish commands.

After collecting logs from indeni at DEBUG level we found out that the problem is

that the commands are returning various CLINFR errors instead of the expected output.

For example:

CLINFR0599 Failed to build ACLs.
CLINFR0819 User: indeni denied access via CLI
CLINFR0829 Unable to get user permissions.

The error responses appear sporadic without any relation to the clish command that is

being run. Trying a few more times will usually get the command to return the expected

resukt agian.

Any idea what is the mechanism that is causing this issue?

Instructions for eliminating this error?

/var/log/messages on the device (from the customer) may also provide some more information as to what is happening on the Check Point server.

This is not the solution, however it gives clues as to potential issues on the check Point device. relating to confd daemon: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solutionid=sk102828

The reason this intrigues me is becasue I have run into issues with confd in the past. I'd be curious if this customer is trying to access the WebUI (GAiA portal) on the Check Point device when these sporadic errors get thrown. Accessing the portal invokes the confd daemon.

What version of gw?