It was officially published today a vulnerability for the CISCO ASA with the highest level of severity and the highest CVSS score 10/10 (CVE-2018-0101).
In particular, a vulnerability in the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN functionality of the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a reload of the affected system or to remotely execute code.
This vulnerability affects Cisco ASA Software that is running on the following Cisco products:
- 3000 Series Industrial Security Appliance (ISA)
- ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances
- ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls
- ASA Services Module for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches and Cisco 7600 Series Routers
- ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall
- Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv)
- Firepower 2100 Series Security Appliance
- Firepower 4110 Security Appliance
- Firepower 9300 ASA Security Module
- Firepower Threat Defense Software (FTD)
I would like to see indeni platform to react instantly to such critical issues and to trigger alerts when similar serious issues raise, especially when this info cannot be provided via SNMP or LOG.
Further details about this CVE, with information that would be used for the creation of the ind/scala scripts and remediation steps, can be found below: